Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Story

Welcome to my new blog!  I recently graduated college with my degree in biology.  I couldnt be more thrilled for the accomplishment!  The only issue lately is my end of the year finals weight gain.  Usually the pounds shed off within the first month or so of the summer, but it's not looking very promising this year.  What happened??!  I'm hoping that with my blog I can post about meals, goals, and progress.  I would love if you shared your story as well! 
I've always struggled with my weight with some years worse than others.  I found that college life really helped my weight.  I was able to keep a great weight throughout the four years and felt really awesome about myself.  A few pounds usually managed to fall upon me towards the end of the semesters with the stress, but quickly left once I found myself home.  My fear is now that college is over, the weight will come back and stay back.  I just don't feel good when I'm heavier than usual and I'm definitely not as happy overall.
So, to jump right in; my goal for tomorrow is to fight the hunger so that my stomach can shrink a bit from all of the over eating.  My number one downfall is the starvation after coming home from work around 5pm.  My goal is to go for a bike ride and then occupy myself with some relaxation time in order to distract the hunger.  Water or tea may help and hopefully no snacking before dinner.  My other downfall is dessert.  My other goal is to have some fruit for dessert instead of frozon yogurt which just sets off my sweet tooth.  And hopefully to distract from night snacking, reading would be a good thing to wrap my mind around before bed.
If anyone has any strategies or tips, please feel free to share :)  I plan on adding pictures soon to my posts of my meals in hopes of sharing recipes and ideas!  Ready, set, go!  We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment